Delone Catholic High School is proud to have secured college and university partnerships for our students. These partnerships guarantee Delone Catholic students acceptance and merit-based scholarships to schools, given they meet certain GPA and SAT/ACT requirements.
With most Delone Catholic students advancing to post-secondary education, college acceptance and the financial means to attend are on the minds of nearly every Delone Catholic family. It is our hope that these partnerships ease some of the worries of the future for our students and families by giving them knowledge of their acceptance and merit-based assistance to a fine institution. Furthermore, Delone Catholic is proud to endorse these faith-based colleges and universities with the knowledge that these institutions will care for their students just as we do–mind, body, and spirit.
We are in the process of expanding our partnership program, and are in conversation with other colleges and universities. Future partnerships will be announced as agreements are reached.
Inspired by the Roman Catholic tradition and joined in a mission to develop ethical leaders with moral courage, Alvernia University and Delone Catholic High School hereby establish a Memorandum of Understanding.
Through this memorandum, we articulate and codify the ways this partnership can advance our mutual goal of enhancing access to high quality Catholic education at the high school and postsecondary levels. The components of our partnership include, but are not limited to:
Alvernia University will guarantee admission and a four year renewable scholarship to graduates of Delone Catholic High School who enroll at Alvernia University who have a minimum 3.00 GPA and either 1000 SAT (EBRW & Math) or 19 ACT composite. Students who meet the above criteria will receive, at minimum, a $15,000 four year merit award with a total value of $60,000, and up to maximum $20,000 per year. Students will also receive a $1,000 catholic high school award. Students looking to major in the 5 year Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program must have a minimum 3.0 and 1080 SAT (22 ACT), or in the 3+3 Doctorate of Physical Therapy program must have a minimum 3.5 and 1170 SAT (24 ACT). The student must maintain an appropriate, pre-determined GPA based on the value of the scholarship in order to renew annually. The award can only be received for four years total except for the 5 year MSOT program. The Alvernia University and Delone Catholic High School Scholarship is not transferrable to other institutions.
Immaculata University and Delone Catholic High School in McSherrystown, within the Diocese of Harrisburg, have entered into an agreement that guarantees admission to Immaculata for qualifying students graduating from Delone Catholic.
The guaranteed admission program and the merit scholarship are effective for students entering in fall 2020 or 2021. Students must be admitted as full time, first-time students with a GPA of at least 2.75, combined SAT score of 990, and satisfy other application requirements.
The merit scholarship, worth a minimum of $9,000, is renewable for three additional consecutive years of full-time status provided a benchmark GPA is maintained. Delone students who earn a higher GPA and SAT score may qualify for a higher based merit scholarship.
In addition to this merit scholarship, all Catholic high school students will receive a Catholic School Grant for $2,000 renewable for three additional consecutive years of full-time status.
La Roche University is a Catholic institution of higher learning founded and sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters of Divine Providence that fosters global citizenship and creates a community of scholars from around the world. Integrating liberal arts and professional education in creative ways, La Roche empowers all members of our community to become lifelong learners and achieve success in their chosen careers and promote justice and peace in a constantly changing global society.
Delone Catholic High School educates and challenges students spiritually, academically, physically, socially and aesthetically within the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Delone Catholic welcomes students of all faiths and focuses on preparing students for a lifetime of continual learning, growth in virtue, service, integrity, responsibility, accountability and justice.
Inspired by the Roman Catholic tradition and through our similar mission and vision, La Roche University and Delone Catholic High School establish a partnership through this Memorandum of Understanding. In it, we articulate and codify the ways our partnership can advance our mutual goal of enhancing access to high-quality Catholic education at the high school and post-secondary levels. Our partnership includes but is not limited to:
- La Roche University will guarantee undergraduate admission (except as noted in item #3) to graduates of Delone Catholic who have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and either a 1080 SAT (EBRW + Math) or a 22 ACT composite score. Students who meet these criteria will automatically receive a $16.000 Delone scholarship (if living on campus as a resident student) or $12,500 Delone scholarship (if commuting to campus). The Delone scholarship is renewable for up to five (5) years of undergraduate study at La Roche University providing the student maintains satisfactory academic progress in accordance with La Roche University policy. The Delone scholarship is not transferable to other institutions.
- Delone Catholic High School graduates who exceed minimum guaranteed admission criteria may be eligible for a merit scholarship and or other special award aid (such as the Catholic High School award) which may be higher than the Delone Scholarship indicated in item #1. In such cases, the Delone graduate will receive the larger merit scholarship and special award instead of the Delone Scholarship referenced in item #1. The Delone scholarship cannot be combined with other La Roche University merit aid awards.
- Certain La Roche University programs and academic partnerships have specialized admissions requirements, prerequisites and/or a limited number of spaces. Delone graduates must meet the minimum requirements (available on our website - laroche.edu) in order to be considered for any degree program or academic partnership with special admissions requirements. Admission to these programs is not guaranteed under this agreement. Examples of these programs include but are not limited to: Nursing, National Security Studies, Lake Erie College of Medicine 3+ and 4+ pathway options, Radiologic Technology, pre-chiropractic pathway and Pre-optometry pathway. Delone graduates accepted for a program with specialized admission requirements will receive either an academic merit award or the guaranteed Delone scholarship depending on which option provides the highest amount of merit aid to the student. NOTE: Students enrolled Radiologic Technology not receive any La Roche University funded financial aid during semesters in which academic coursework is provided by the Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography Technology (approximately 26 credit hours) which provides coursework at a discounted rate.
- Delone Catholic High School graduates who do not meet the minimum criteria for guaranteed admission may still apply and be accepted to La Roche University. These students will receive a merit scholarship based on their high school GPA and standardized test scores in accordance with La Roche University award criteria in place at the time of application.
- La Roche University uses the weighted high school GPA for admission and scholarship decisions. A "super score" will be calculated for students who submit multiple test scores to La Roche. When available, a "super score" will be used for admission and scholarship decisions.
- All scholarship awards are based on cumulative GPA and standardized test scores at the time of acceptance. A student's scholarship award will be increased if their standardized test scores or cumulative GPA at graduation (as stated on their final, official high school transcript) elevates them to a higher merit aid category.
As the only Catholic University in Virginia, Marymount University (MU) and Delone Catholic High School have a shared interest in developing the whole person through a values-based education that promotes both intellectual and spiritual development. Marymount University and Delone Catholic High School hereby establish a Memorandum of Understanding.
Through this memorandum, we articulate and codify the ways this partnership can advance our mutual goal of enhancing access to high quality Catholic education at the high school and post- secondary levels. The components of our partnership include, but are not limited to:
- Marymount University will guarantee admission and a four-year renewable scholarship to graduates of Delone Catholic High School who enroll at Marymount University. The student must have a minimum 3.00 GPA and no required test score or a minimum 2.8 GPA and either a 1030 SAT (EBRW & Math) or a 20 ACT composite. *In addition, all Delone Catholic High School students will be awarded an additional $2,000 Delone Catholic High School scholarship and $2,000 Catholic High School Scholarship renewable for up to four years. Students who meet the above criteria will receive, at minimum, a $16,500 four-year award with a total value of $66,000. The student must maintain an appropriate, pre-determined GPA based on the value of the scholarship in order to renew annually. The award can only be received for four years of full-time enrollment. The Delone Catholic High School Scholarship is not transferrable to other institutions. Students may be eligible for additional merit scholarships based on GPA and/or SAT/ACT scores. Applications must be received by March 1st. Please see the Scholarship Award table to determine eligibility.
- *Any student from Delone Catholic High School is eligible to receive the Catholic School Scholarship and Delone Catholic scholarship of $4,000 no matter their GPA/test scores. In addition, all residential students will also receive an annual residential grant of $2,000 for as long as they reside in on-campus housing on top of any merit award received. The $40 application fee is waived for all Delone Catholic High School students.
Mercyhurst University, a private, Catholic university founded by the Sisters of Mercy, prides itself on providing an accessible, affordable, and high-quality education to students from Delone Catholic.
MISSION STATEMENT OF MERCYHURST UNIVERSITY
Consistent with its Catholic identity and Mercy heritage, Mercyhurst University educates women and men in a culture where faith and reason flourish together, where the beauty and power of the liberal arts combine with an appreciation for the dignity of work and a commitment to serving others. Confident in the strength of its student-faculty bonds, the university community is inspired by the image of students whose choices, in life and work, will enable them to realize the human and spiritual values embedded in everyday realities and to exercise leadership in service toward a just world.
GUARANTEED ADMISSION PROGRAM
Under the terms of this agreement, a student from Delone Catholic will be guaranteed admission to Mercyhmst University as a full-time, first-time college student provided that he or she:
- Successfully graduate from Delone Catholic with a high school diploma,
- Complete an application to Mercyhurst University (available at apply.mercyhurstedu),
- Earn a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 as calculated by Mercyhurst University,
- Seek admission for the fall semester immediately following graduation from Delone Catholic, and
- Meet any other application requirements.
Some programs may require an audition (e.g. dance, music) or additional placement test requirements (e.g. nursing). Applicants must be in good standing with Delone Catholic; students with disciplinary or criminal history are excluded from the guaranteed admission program and require review by the Committee on Admissions.
In recognition of this partnership, Mercyhurst University will:
- Make available to Delone Catholic students an expedited application available at apply.mercyhurst.edu. Students can self-report their academic credentials rather than waiting for transcripts, test scores, etc. from third parties.
- Evaluate students' academic potential on the basis of their performance at Delone Catholic. While students who consider their SAT or ACT performance to be a positive component of their application portfolio are invited to submit those scores, test scores are not necessary for consideration.
- Expedite application review for students from Delone Catholic. Applicants can generally expect an admissions decision within three to four weeks from the time their application portfolios are complete.
GUARANTEED MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Students applying to Mercyhurst University main campus (where four-year bachelor's degree programs are offered) will be automatically considered for academic and merit based aid during the application review program. Provided that students meet the minimum criteria outlined above, students will receive an academic scholarship of at least $20,000 per year. In addition, in recognition of this partnership, students from Delone Catholic will also receive an additional $1,000 Diocese of Erie Scholarship. Both scholarships are fully renewable for four years of continuous study provided the student makes satisfactory academic progress and achieves the minimum GPA established for their scholarship program.
Students applying to Mercyhurst University's North East campus (where two-year associate and certificate programs are offered) are not eligible for this scholarship program.
MUTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement is effective for students seeking admission to Mercyhurst University for Fall 2020 and thereafter.
Messiah College is a nationally ranked, private Christian college with a student body of 3,375 undergraduate and graduate students. The College was founded in 1909 by the Brethren in Christ Church. Today, the College's faith base is broadly evangelical and includes students and employees from a variety of denominations and Christian faith traditions. The mission of Messiah College is to educate men and women toward maturity of intellect, character and Christian faith in preparation for lives of service, leadership and reconciliation in church and society.
Through this memorandum, we articulate and codify the ways this partnership can advance our mutual goal of enhancing access to high quality, Christian faith based education at the high school and post- secondary levels. The components of our partnership include but are not limited to:
Messiah College will guarantee admission and a four-year renewable scholarship of $8,000/year minimum ($32,000 total value) to graduates of Delone Catholic High School who apply to Messiah College based on the following criteria:
Admission to the College:
Students must have a 3.0 GPA (with no grades less than or equal to a D+) and either a 1000 SAT(greater than or equal to 500 ERW) or a 19 ACT(greater than or equal to 37 combined English + Reading). Students who meet these criteria will receive, at minimum, an $8,000/year four-year scholarship.
Admission to Engineering:
Students must have greater than or equal to 1180 SAT a greater than or equal to 580 SAT Math OR greater than or equal to 24 ACT composite with a greater than or equal to 24 ACT Math
Admission to Nursing:
Greater than or equal to 560 SAT ERW or greater than or equal to 27 Reading Sub Score and greater than or equal to 530 Math OR greater than 21 ACT composite and greater than or equal to 44 combined English + Reading ACT score and greater than or equal to 21 ACT Math AND a minimum of two science classes (including Chemistry) w/lab component with science grades greater than or equal to B.
Admission to Messiah College Early Assurance Programs (Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy) and other pre-professional partnerships:
Because of the competitive nature of these limited places, students are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and admission will be determined at the time of application.
Misericordia University and Delone Catholic High School in McSherrystown recently formed a partnership to advance the education institutions’ mutual goal of enhancing access to high quality Catholic education at the high school and post-secondary levels by guaranteeing admission and scholarships to the institution of higher education.
Misericordia University is guaranteeing admission and a package of generous merit scholarships to Delone Catholic High School graduates provided they meeting established academic standards in chosen fields of study. The two levels of scholarship support by Misericordia University provide $64,000 or $80,000 in scholarship support depending on the major chosen by the student.
Delone Catholic High School graduates are eligible for guaranteed admission into most academic programs at Misericordia University, and a $13,000 four-year award and a $3,000 four-year McAuley Award for Service and Leadership. The scholarship package is worth $64,000. Recipients of the scholarship must maintain established academic standards in order to have the scholarship renew annually. The scholarship is good for four years of study.
In addition, the collaborative guaranteed admission and scholarship program is also guaranteeing admission and scholarship support for students to study in the entry-level Master of Speech Language Pathology, Master of Occupational Therapy, Doctor of Occupational Therapy and Doctor of Physical Therapy programs. Students who meet established academic requirements and maintain standards will receive a $17,000 four-year scholarship and a $3,000 McAuley Award, with a total value of $80,000. The scholarship awards have to be renewed annually and are good for four years.
Delone Catholic High School has become the first high school in Pennsylvania to partner with Mount St. Mary’s University on an admissions agreement guaranteeing the high school’s graduates admission and a four-year renewable scholarship to the university.
Under the agreement, signed by Trainor and LaRocca, Delone Catholic students who meet defined requirements are guaranteed admission to MSMU. Students who meet the criteria will receive, at minimum, a $22,000 four-year award, with a total value of $88,000.
A Mount St. Mary’s admissions representative will visit Delone as many as three times a year to share information about the Mount’s academic programs and application, admissions, financial aid and related processes.
As institutions founded and thriving in the Catholic tradition, St. Bonaventure University and Delone Catholic High School hereby establish a Memorandum of Understanding.
Through this memorandum, we articulate and codify the ways this partnership can advance our mutual goal of enhancing access to high quality Catholic education at the high school and post secondary levels. The components of our partnership include, but are not limited to:
St. Bonaventure University will guarantee admission and a four-year renewable scholarship to graduates of Delone Catholic High School who enroll at St. Bonaventure University. The student must have a 3.25 GPA (87), l 000 SAT (EBR W & Math), or a 22 ACT composite. If the student meets the above criteria, they will receive a $19,000 four-year award with a total value of $76,000. The student must maintain an appropriate; pre-determine GPA based on the value of the scholarship to renew annually. The award can only be received for four years total.The Delone Catholic High School Scholarship is not transferrable to other institutions.