The Delone Catholic High School Library exists to provide materials and services which support, supplement and enhance the quality of the educational environment of the school. These resources aid in the spiritual, intellectual, social and personal development of the students and the professional enrichment of the faculty and staff.
As a vital component in the educational environment in a Catholic high school, we are committed to the spirit of the philosophy of Delone Catholic High School. To that end we:
- Provide resources which integrate the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church with the challenges of contemporary society
- Provide a functional and effective library program which meets the needs of the curriculum as well as the personal needs and interests of students and faculty
- Provide library resources which stimulate and promote the development of critical thinking, ethical decision making and responsible citizenship
- Provide informed guidance in the use of library resources, including print and nonprint materials and technology
- Provide resources, which contribute to the enjoyment of reading and the belief in a lifelong love of learning
A Note from Mr. Fournie
I'm excited for my second year at Delone Catholic! Most of the time, you'll find me in the library fulfilling various roles, from assisting research projects to curating displays to coordinating our Virtual High School program. When I'm not working in the library, I'm teaching Sociology, American Government, and Creative Writing.
For virtually my entire life, I've been involved in Catholic education, both as a student (pre-K through grad school) and as an educator (8 years in both middle and high school English and Social Studies).
I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity to serve the students of Delone Catholic.
Master of Fine Arts, Fiction Writing, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 2016
Master of Education, Specializing in Language Arts Instruction, University of Notre Dame, 2008
Master of Arts, English and History, Marquette University, 2006
Writing Tutor, Teaching Assistant, University of Missouri-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO), 2014-2016
Social Studies Teacher, English Teacher, Coach, San Juan Diego Catholic High School (Austin, TX), 2011-2014
Social Studies Teacher, English-Language Arts Teacher, Athletic Director, Coach, Marian Middle School (St. Louis, MO), 2008-2011
English-Language Arts Teacher, Coach, Yearbook Coordinator, St. Austin Catholic School (Austin, TX), 2006-2008