Delone Catholic will Celebrate Catholic Schools Week from Jan. 30 to Feb. 5.
Sunday, Jan. 30 - Celebrating Your Parish
- A bulletin board in the lobby/cafeteria area will feature alumni who are stewards of the environment.
Monday, Jan. 31 - Celebrating Your Community
- A weeklong collection kicks off in support of The Gleaning Project of South Central PA. Drop off new or gently used basic hand-held gardening supplies, gardening gloves, reusable totes in collection boxes. PLUS, not sure what to do with plastic grocery bags? Donate them here!
- Funds donated to the collection for Samaritan's Purse will help to plant a grove of trees (goal $45) and provide a water filter (goal $100) for families in developing countries. Students who donate will receive an environmental sticker.
- Canned-food drive creation competition with partner schools will begin.
- Breakfast will be served to faculty, staff, and administration.
Tuesday, Feb. 1 - Celebrating Your Students
- PTO will sponsor free ice cream for students.
- Music will be played at lunch.
- Students and faculty are invited to participate in a Delone Catholic-apparel dress-down day to benefit the mission collection. Students who choose to dress down should bring $3 to their homeroom teacher.
Wednesday, Feb. 2 - Celebrating Your Nation
- In our Harvest of Hope for Veterans collection, canned food will be donated to Roots for Boots Pantry.
Thursday, Feb. 3 - Celebrating Vocations
- Rev. Jonathan Sawicki, Diocesan Vocation Director and former Delone Catholic Chaplain will celebrate our All-School Liturgy.
- Our Peer Ministers will send cards to Diocesan seminarians.
- Father Sawicki will visit religion classes and hold a lunch discussion in the Spiritual Life Center.
- The class patron saint icons will begin rotations through homerooms for each grade.
Friday, Feb. 4 - Celebrating Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers
- A treat will be provided in the faculty room for teachers.
- Thank you cards will be sent to school volunteers.
- Holy Hour will be held in Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel.